Right now we’re celebrating the many paths to recovery which we, our staff, and our members have stepped into. Please help us to encourage those in and seeking recovery all over our country by sharing your story, and your path to recovery. The stories you share will appear on our social media and other platforms as part of our “My Path to Recovery” campaign. Thank you so much for helping us work towards a world where young people have the resources they need to thrive in recovery from addiction to drugs and alcohol.
Here’s how to help: Send us a video or a photo & quote. Whichever you chose, it can be submitted below.
Write us either a short quote or 1-2 paragraphs about your path to recovery, and include a photo of yourself (can be one of you with your chapter, family, or doing something you love, make sure this is a high-quality image).
Send us a video! Film no more than 2 minutes of yourself sharing about what recovery has done for you, how you got there, and how YPR plays a role in your recovery.
- No more than 1000 words
- 1 personal picture submission or video
- Be sure to include your name as you’d like it to appear, and any social handles we can tag you in.
- No profanity
- Avoid common messaging mistakes:
- “I’m an addict/alcoholic”
- “I’m a recovering addict (or alcoholic)”
- Information about 12-step programs (E.G. Membership in AA, NA or AL-ANON)
- Instead use phrases such as, “I’m a person in long-term recovery, which means…”, “My family and I are in long-term recovery, which means…”, or “I work with/interact with this group/person who is a part of our community, living in long term recovery..”
- Please don’t include children in the photos or videos unless you’ve signed a photo release that allows us to share their photo online.
- Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- You may paste the story in the text field and/or upload a Word document.
- 10MB limitation on all files.